Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Always...Patsy Cline by Ted Swindley, Presented by The Drama Workshop

The Drama Workshop finished off the 2016-2017 with a smash hit for their patrons.  This musical was so popular with the community that an extra weekend was added and people were begging for still another weekend.  But, as a member of the group remarked,  "This is community theater and it is time for us all to get back to our real lives."  My good friend who went with Tom and me said, " I had no idea that this group was all volunteer, that they perform like this for fun, not for pay."




Cynthia Mottel as Patsy Cline treated us to twenty-four Patsy Cline hits, including "Crazy" and "I Fall to Pieces".


Jennifer Keith as Louise Seger, Patsy's fan from the beginning and friend from the time Patsy met her was completely believable as a Texas housewife with a passion for Patsy and her music.

I was dazzled by the entire production.  I didn't realize until I was back in the van that the two women with Cynthia Mottel at a photo opportunity after the play were probably Jennifer Keith and Linda Abbott. I thought they were family members. But I did get this photo of Cynthia.

.
The musical production was directed by Robert Weidle and produced by Gretchen Gantner with Linda Abbott as Band Leader and Vocal Director.  Linda Abbott also played the piano.  Her piano playing could have been a solo act and people would have come.

                         The Bodacious Bobcat Band

As an aside and an example of the adaptability of all involved, my son,Ray, said that as of last Sunday there had been six different combinations of band members, depending on who was available for each performance.  But the band always performed flawlessly.

                                The Jordanaires
Standing is Kurt Kishler.  In front is Randy Meyer.  They sang "How Great Thou Art" beautifully as well as backup to Patsy Cline's songs.

Photo of part of the Creative Crew.

Below is a list of the entire Creative Crew.

This production brought back lots of memories from years ago.  I'll save them for another blog.


1 comment: