Friday, January 8, 2016

41 degrees Fahrenheit and Icicles on January 7

I walked out to the falls in early afternoon, thinking there is not nearly as much to see in the winter.  I wondered if I would find anything worth photographing.

I heard the falls before I saw them.  I expected water but I did not expect icicles, too.  I had forgotten, too, how attractive the falls are when the sunlight spotlights them  and the limestone wall behind them.


It takes a closer look to see the water pouring over. And even this photo doesn't show the full effect of the roaring water.  It does help to click on the photo and enlarge it.


This photo taken from the side gives a better idea of the amount of water flowing over the ledge.


And here is the best one of the array of icicles.

No comments:

Post a Comment