Friday, November 9, 2012

Happy Birthday, Ted


I pulled this photo from one of you and your dad at the wedding. As I was going through our photo collection I found this one. It is appropriate that you are wearing a shirt proclaiming "Navy".


What I remember most about you as a child was your curiosity. I think there was a cicada in the jar.


Given your curiosity about all things it is not surprising that I associate these two books with you. You wanted me to read I Can Count to 100, Can You? by Katherine Howard with pictures by Michael J. Smollin for about a month every time I saw you which was often. You loved to count.


Counting to twenty was easy.


And shortly afterward, you were counting further.


Another book you liked was The Holes in Your Nose by Genichiro Yagvu.


This was one of your favorite pages. Even boogers lined up neatly are dirty.


Whatever you are doing today, I hope you are happy.

Love, Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment